WHY COLLAGEN PEPTIDES MATTER TO YOUR MOBILITY | PEPTAN®, COLARTIX®
23 Sep 2022See next article
More and more people worldwide are turning to supplements to help support their joints and bones. One mobility ingredient that is increasingly going mainstream: collagen peptides. In this blog article, we examine the reasons behind collagen peptides’ popularity – and offer some tasty recipes with them that you can try for yourself.
What studies say about collagen peptides and mobility
Many studies are being performed on collagen peptides’ benefits for joints and bones, with encouraging results. Here are two examples:
– In a 2014 6-month randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial, a daily dose of 8 grams of Peptan® collagen peptides led to a reduction in joint pain and improvement in mobility  among participants;
– Two in vivo studies indicated that oral intake of Peptan collagen peptides may help to reduce bone loss and increase bone density. 
– In a recent placebo-controlled consumer study, participants who took just 1 gram of Colartix reported reduced joint pain after exercise over 12 weeks. The results also indicate Colartix’s impact at a low dosage (check the graph for more details).
Easy to include in your lifestyle
In addition to what the science is putting forward, there are other reasons to see collagen peptide supplements as a sensible mobility solution. For example:
– Collagen peptides are easy to use in everyday recipes and in particular in drinks, as they are highly soluble;
– Their heat resistance makes them stable in a range of dishes, which means you can easily add collagen peptides to anything from your morning coffee to your lunchtime soup, or your evening coffee or hot chocolate;
– Collagen peptides are effective at low dosages.
Thanks to their versatility and ease of use, collagen peptides are a convenient choice for consumers. Whether you are a pro athlete who wants a tasty protein bar after working out, or someone who would prefer a daily joint health pill, there is a collagen peptide application for you.
Want to learn more about the science behind mobility and collagen peptides’ impact on joint and bones? Read the article on ‘Taking the next step: staying mobile with healthy joints and bones’
4 qualities to look for in your collagen peptide supplements
When deciding on a collagen peptide supplement for mobility, the first question that comes to mind is, ‘Which is the best for me?’ Here are four key qualities to look for:
Which application format suits your lifestyle?
Are the collagen peptides used made through a high-quality, professional, and traceable production process ?
3. Scientific backing
Are its benefits backed up by studies?
Is it safe for humans to consume and ingest daily?
Peptan collagen peptides and Colartix cartilage collagen matrix meet these criteria: made with the highest safety and quality standards around and integrated into a range of supplements you can buy online and in stores, including drinks, powders, and bars, Peptan and Colartix are easy to add to your lifestyle.
What is Peptan?
Peptan is a world-leading collagen peptides brand. With a range of body-boosting benefits, including beauty from within and sports recovery, Peptan is a powerful lifestyle ingredient. Thanks to its versatility, it’s used in a wide range of end-products including powders, shots, and ready-to-drinks.
Read more in our Peptan FAQ, or explore the science behind the ingredient and its link to overall mobility
What is Colartix?
Colartix is Rousselot Health and Nutrition’s unique cartilage collagen matrix ingredient. Derived from natural cartilage, Colartix is made from naturally occurring collagen and glycosaminoglycans (GAGS), both suited to modern joint health applications. Safe, traceable and versatile, it is produced through a specific technological process developed by Rousselot.
Learn more about Colartix
Try these recipes to add collagen peptides to your diet
- COLLAGEN PEPTIDES DAIRY DRINK
Why not make this dairy collagen peptide drink? It’s a delicious drink you can enjoy at any time, whether as a morning pick-me-up or a late-night treat. With a quick and easy method, you can whip one up whenever you fancy. By combining collagen with natural calcium that supports muscles, here’s a recipe that will give your body a synergistic boost.
Here’s what you need to make 1 liter:
- 100g Peptan collagen peptides
- 835g skimmed milk
- 60g sugar
- 50g fresh fruit of your choosing
- A few drops of flavoring (chocolate, strawberry, or any other)
A step-by-step guide:
- Pre-mix the collagen peptides and sugar in a bowl
- Mix the blend into a bowl of milk and whisk
- Add flavoring to the drink and stir
- Store in the fridge and serve with your favorite fruits
2. PROBIOTIC COLLAGEN DAIRY SHOT
By making some small changes to the recipe above, you can enjoy a lighter dairy shot.
Here’s what you need to make 1 liter:
- 50g Peptan collagen peptides
- 925g semi-skimmed milk
- 5g kefir-ferment (lactic acid bacteria and yeasts)
- 20g sugar
A step-by-step guide:
- Mix the collagen peptides, sugar, and milk, before whisking
- Gently heat the mixture for 5 minutes, being careful not to boil it, before letting it cool down to room temperature
- Add the kefir-ferment into the pan while stirring continuously
- Put the liquid into an airtight container and place it in a dark place at room temperature, letting it ferment for 24 hours
- Following this, place the container in the fridge and leave for 1 day after maturation
- Now, stir the fermented liquid with a plastic or wooden spoon and, soon, it will become a delicious drinkable yogurt. Make sure you store it in the fridge
Take a look at our other recipes with Peptan collagen peptides
Taking the next step
By looking after your joint and bones, you can stay mobile for longer, taking joy in your movement. With several scientific studies indicating that collagen peptides can contribute to the maintenance of joint health and bone health, these ingredients should be top of mind for anyone looking to support their goals. And, with their unique application versatility, you can find the perfect product for your needs.
Find out where to buy a collagen peptides supplement containing Peptan or Colartix
 Collagen peptides improve knee osteoarthritis in elderly women: A 6-month randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
 Daily oral consumption of hydrolyzed type 1 collagen is chondroprotective and anti-inflammatory in murine posttraumatic osteoarthritis.
 The effect of a natural matrix of collagen types and chondroitin sulfate on joint discomfort in physically active adults: a real-life setting study.
 Hydrolyzed collagen improves bone metabolism and biomechanical parameters in ovariectomized mice: An in vitro and in vivo study.
 Hydrolyzed collagen improves bone status and prevents bone loss in ovariectomized C3H/HeN mice.
 Hydrolyzed collagen contributes to osteoblast differentiation in vitro and subsequent bone health in vivo.
59 products have been found in your country
26 Jan 2023
COLLAGENTALK, EP 6 - TALK WITH DR. JERK W. LANGER
In the latest episode of Collagen Talk, join Dr. Jerk W. Langer, a renowned health care professional from Denmark, as he delves into the benefits of collagen peptide supplementation. With extensive ex...
15 Sep 2022
TAKING THE NEXT STEP: STAYING MOBILE WITH ...
Today, more people want to maintain their mobility for longer. In this article, we take a closer look at what mobility is, the importance of joint and bone health, and how collagen peptide supplementa...
28 Jun 2022
TRIATHLETE IGOR AMORELLI: ‘MY PARENTS HAVE INSPIRED ...
Triathlete Igor Amorelli from Brazil is a Peptan ambassador – he takes a dose of Peptan collagen peptides every day before bedtime – and a master of long distances....
09 Jun 2022
‘Don’t wait till you have joint ...
Spanish podcast with insights on the benefits of taking collagen supplements, as well as some tips on the best way to incorporate it into a daily routine....